April-June 2011 (english version)
During the period April - June 2011, ICBSS organized major events under its authority while it participated actively in many others in order to promote its activities.
• Dr. Zefi Dimadama participated as a Guest Speaker to the 2nd AER Black Sea Regional Policy Conference “Regions of the Black Sea: Common Borders, Common Solutions”, in Batumi, Georgia on 5-6 April 2011.
• Following the correspondence between the Commissioner Ms. Damanaki and ICBSS Director General, Dr. Dimadama, a work meeting was scheduled in Athens, on 6 April 2011, with Ms. Beate GMIDER, Head of Unit for maritime affairs in the Mediterranean and Black Sea, who proposed ICBSS participation to the "Black Sea Outlook" Conference to be held in Odessa in the end of October 2011 and the Black Sea Day that will be organised in parallel to this event, in order to encourage the ICBSS to work on maritime affairs in the Black Sea. External experts of ICBSS Ms. Andricopoulou and Ms. Timotheou participated in the meeting.
• The ICBSS management participated in the Forum of the Joint Operational Programme Black Sea Basin ENPI CBC in Istanbul, on 5 May 2011, where a proposal idea was presented. This proposal is being prepared, in order to be submitted under the Second Call of the Programme under the title “Green Trade: Innovative Actions for Promoting Green Products and Services in the Black Sea”. Eight different organizations from Black Sea countries will be the partners of the project proposal.
• The ICBSS organised an event on the Black Sea and Central Asia Initiative Outlook 2008, under the auspices of the OECD Development Centre, in Athens, on 30 May 2011. The title of the event was “Black Sea & Central Asia Economic Outlook: Evaluation of the present developments and new perspectives in a shifting-wealth world” and presented an OECD assessment of economic performance and underlying policies in the Black Sea and Central Asia region.
• The workshop on innovation policies and structures in the wider Black Sea region took place in Athens, on 15-17 June 2011. The key speakers who have been invited have a number of relevant stakeholders from the region (policy makers and representatives of important innovation structures). Approximately 35 experts from EU and Black Sea countries attended the workshop in order to discuss ways to structure the cooperation on innovation issues in the region.
Moreover, in the context of European programs, in which ICBSS participates actively, the Center took part in some activities, such as:
• The ICBSS was represented by Mr. George Bonas and Ms. Cristina Mosora in the fact-finding missions to Armenia, Azerbaijan, and Georgia under the IncoNet CA/SC project, 20-30 April 2011.
• A Policy Stakeholders’ Conference, addressed to S&T policy makers as well as representatives of the scientific community in the EU and EECA countries, has been organised in Astana, 26-27 May 2011, on evaluation approaches in S&T policy making by the Independent Expert Consulting Board to Promote Scientific and Research activity in Kazakhstan (InExCB-Kz) and the IncoNet EECA project consortium. The ICBSS was represented by Mr. George Bonas and Ms. Cristina Mosora.
• The ICBSS participated in the Workshop on “S&T Indicators” that took place in Moscow, on 23-24 May 2011.